A task group is working on planning for an eco centre in the area. We are grateful to Be Birmingham for grant funding to support a public consultation and feasibility study. Phil Beardsmore was commissioned to do this work which was completed in March 2011, and he has provided us with a very useful and detailed report. We are now considering how to follow up the recommendations, which include the option to explore a “virtual eco-centre”. The report and further information is available via this link.
Our initial proposal was developed in May 2010 to explore the development of an eco centre which would be :-
- A building demonstrating energy saving and much more
- A source of advice and information
- A centre for community action (eg rooms, resources, information)
- A support to indviduals in becoming more sustainable
- A support to developing green business and volunteering