Our first AGM took place on Monday 25th October 2010. What did we do? Well, we ……
- learnt a process for signalling to help consensus decision making. Many thanks Jonathon
- formally agreed a constitution in quick time
- discussed projects we’re involved in
- planter maintenance – well established, new volunteers came forward
- eco centre planning and consultation. Phil Beardsmore was introduced as the person leading the public consultation starting now
- film cafe – going strong, ideas/suggestions for films wanted please
- restoration of film orchard/urban farm in Highbury Park with the Friends of Highbury. Work groups ongoing, much to do, volunteers needed.
- Coppicing in Highbury Park also ongoing (wednesdays at 11 am)
- energy saving project. Rose from Energy Savings Trust was at the meeting. Project developing steadily though some reshaping necessary following cutbacks
- photo-logo competition. Details are on this website.
- heard Liz’ report as chair – our starting point, growth and values. Lord Hunt and Alys Fowler have agreed to support us as patrons.
- agreed the treasurer’s report and accounts
- appointed people to scrutinise the accounts
- healthy small balance due mainly to income from planters
- grant to come from Be Birmingham (around 5k) for eco-centre consultation and feasibility study
- grant to come rom Grassroots (around 2.5k) for setting up and renting office space.
- elected officers
- Chair Liz Peak
- Treasurer Margaret Pollett
- Secretary Tom Tierney
- elected core group members
- Anne, Celia, Claire, Jonathon, Oz, Shabdam, Sue
- got to know each other better through some fun exercises
- collected a great store of ideas and suggestions for the future through group exercises. More to follow later.
- heard wonderful music from Oz, Ian and Liz
Background papers and information :-
For further information, comments or suggestions please email us at email@example.com