One of the main goals of Transition is to ensure a stable supply of food that’s not affected by sky-rocketing oil prices. We have a long way to go: in the UK we import 40% of our food and 96% of our farmland is sprayed with oil-based pesticides and fertilisers.
But could Kings Heath feed itself without oil? Come along to our "Incredible Edible Kings Heath" event to:
- find out how to grow a variety of tasty, healthy food locally
- hear exciting stories of community food growing projects
- discover exciting new approaches to urban farming
- meet like-minded people who want to produce good food
- swap seeds you don’t want for those you do
We’re upstairs in the Kitchen Garden cafe from 7:30pm this Thursday (15th March). Free, all welcome – feel free to invite anybody you feel may be interested. Let’s grow this movement together! 🙂
PS: Know somewhere that might display a poster for us? I’ve attached a PDF you can print.. we’d really appreciate it! Also, let us know where you found to display it so we make sure to put posters up there in future.
–Kings Heath Transition – community resilience, facing up to peak oil and climate change
Facebook: Kings Heath Transition
Postal Address: 73 All Saints Rd, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 7LN